Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 4th

Happy and safe 7/4 holiday to all.  Given the dryness and fire dangers here and there, fireworks prohibitions are evidently in place in a variety of locales.  For those deprived souls, here are yours

Rode some last night and will do some more tomorrow (in the event that it has been forgotten, I am tapering).  Reduced riding is OK given the weather (96 predicted today).  In two days I will be in Everett to start the ride where today's predicted high is 63 (and where it will be about 58 when we depart on Sunday morning.  The oddity of these sorts of trips is how weather-obsessed one becomes.).  I am more or less ready to go: among other things, the bike has been shipped (and already in WA) and lots of A&D ointment has been acquired (unlike TDF riders - who have medical support - self-medicating is essential).  Not much more to do beyond worrying about my capacity to do this trip (which, I regret to say, I do almost constantly).  Nothing for it now; soon off.

No comments:

Post a Comment