Thursday, July 12, 2012

Recovery Day

After my bout with dehydration and heat exhaustion, it seemed prudent to try to recover today.  So...... no   riding today, except in the van.  Today was a day in and around Mt. Rainier, it would have been nice to ride it but it was nice seeing the sights in a car as well.  It was very clear and a bit cooler today so all vistas were all out.  I took no pics, however, as my phone/camera as inaccessible.  I'm not too worried because I feel certain that most have seen images of  Rainier.  Tonight we are in the small town of Packwood, Washington.  It is probably not widely known, but elk tend to mingle quite freely with the good citizens of Packwood.  Their hulking brown bodies and their blackish scat litter the town.  It is often implied that elk hunting is a rather formidable big game enterprise.  Looking at those lazy buggers laying about here makes me question that evidently erroneous suggestion
.
Tomorrow we head into Oregon.  We will glide by Mt. St. Helens.  My cooked innards seem to be on the mend.  I'm looking forward to being on the road tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment